Lilo

Lilo

Wednesday 5 January 2011

What others do to me.....................

................ loads of things, but not many of them scare me almost shitless!!!
Two things have happened in the past 10 days or so. One did make me scared, the other should have, but i just found myself giggling!!!
Thew 1st incident was on our flight from London to Paris last monday. Cabin crew had just served up drinks and snacks and were finishing off at the back of the plane. All of a sudden this screaming and yelling came from a seat about 3 rows behind us. This guy was shouting what sounded like "farrah" over and over again in a VERY loud voice - not just for a second or 2, but a good few minutes. EVERYONE else in the plane turned round to look at him and i'm sure more than just me had the thought of "OMG - we have a nutter or the plane and a foreign one to boot"!!!
Not your typical Glasgow nutter - i can deal with them, but at 35,000 feet in  BA AIrbus, i don't really want to be near a nutter yelling the odds. I fleetingly thought some nut job terrorist had boarded the plane. Did he not realise that us folk from Glasgow just don't let these guys ruin our hols!!! COme on - they tried rubbish @ Glasgow airport and we denied them the pleasure!!

Cabin crew dealt with it well, no fuss or bother. Just a "please calm down sir - you are disturbing the other passengers"!!
Me - i'd have been marching him STRAIGHT to the loo and sticking his heid doon and flushing several times to calm the idiot down. Then asking cabin crew for a couple of vodkas to calm my nerves!!
Talking to another passenger when we got off, it turned out that the woman next to him had opened her carton of orange juice and spilled it over him. We're not sure if they were travelling together and her name was "farrah" or this is some kind of oath - but either way, a totally inapproriate reaction.

 But death by spilt orange juice is not one that i am willing to try again in a hasty rush!!!

The 2nd thing that should have scared me but just made me giggle happened today. Louise has been saying for ages she is going to go and give blood. She knows i can't now, since i had a transfusion about 16 years ago - both times prob helped save my Life. But it was when her friend had her baby a couple of months ago, she decided it was time to give back a little.

So she goes off to do it. I'm rather proud. But i started to get a bit worried when i hadn't heard from her. Ok - my middle name is worry wart and they know this, but as time went on, i thought of phoning her.
Next thing, the phone rings.
it's Lou - to tell me she went to give blood, went ok, had her juice and biccie and went off to Buchanan Galleries and had passed out and was now sitting on the floor with a securioty guy who used to be a nurse sitting beside her!!!

THe thought of my daughter doing this did make me laugh, cos i knew she's a bit like me - as fast as she falls down, she tries to get back up - you never know what sneeky person from school or neighbour is around to laugh @ you!!!!

I know - i'm a bad mum. But i just need to remind her of all the times i've slipped and fallen on ice while taking her to school and she obviously picked up the "getting up fast" gene from me!!!

THe securuty guard wanted her to phone home to let me know what had happened. She managed to get homew, feeling a tad sheepish - but heck - the blood will come in useful for some baby this week who may need it, or some mum.
I was nice - i let her have a pain au chocolat - just to help her get over it - well, something sweet is always good for shock.

Well - that and alchol!!!

She asked me if i'd posted anything on face book - no - way too good for that!! had to be the blog!!

4 comments:

  1. ha ha ha you're a woman after my own heart. Poor Louise!

    And I am so glad it wasn't some terrorist, omg! Just your luck :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done Louise for donating and even more well done for taking a dive in the Buchanan Galleries....nice and public...if you are going to make a tit of yourself do it in style!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know - bad mum Lynne - hey FB is too random, my blog - it's so much better!!

    Would just have been my luck - best bit is, when the attacks happened a few years ago - up on the news pops one of the doctors - he's a friend of Matthew's sister and was one of the anesthetists lookingn after the guys who had been brought in!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ryan one of Peter's support workers told us this morning that he thinks the word is an egyptian word that means stupid, idiot or such. It's not a curse word, but it fair lets the other person know you're not a huppy flier with them.
    From what i saw of the guy, i think he could well havae been from Nort Frica - egypt opr morroco.
    So hear ended the lesson for today - Farrah - - stupid, idiot,oaf!!!

    Don't say i never educate you!!

    ReplyDelete