Lilo

Lilo

Wednesday 12 January 2011

i got an award!!!

it really is.

I'd like to thank Lynne fpr sendiong it to me!
There are rules to this award.


1. First, thank and link back to the person that gave the award.(Check)
2. Answer the 10 survey questions
3. Pass the award along to other bloggers whom you think are fantastic.
4. Contact the bloggers you have chosen to let them know about the award


1.  If you blog anonymously, are you happy doing this?  If you aren't anonymous, do you wish you started out anonymously, so that you could be anonymous now?  Never thought to be anonymouse - not really my style!!!
2.  Describe an incident that shows your inner stubborn side. Well - the incicdewnt has lasted over 25 years!! that's how long i've been married!! And some said it would never last!!! They didn't know how stubborn i could be!!
3.  What do you see when you really look at yourself in the mirror?  Once i get over the fact i'm not small fat and ugly, i see a few grey hairs and a smile - mostly!!!
4 Favourite summer drink? Southern Comfort and lemonade
5.  When you take time for yourself, what do you do?  Read, blog, make cards and listen to my MP3
6.  Is there something that you still want to accomplish in your life? Can't think of anything yet - but never say never!!!
7.  When you attended school, were you the class clown, the class overachiever, the shy person, or always ditching?  I did like school - till my mum came to teach at the primary i went to. I hated that and felt that at times staff and pupils kind of resented it. SOme of the pupils even thought i got to choose who i wanted to be in my class!!
Didn't do as well as i should have, but you can't live on regrets - pick yourself up and get on with it!
8.  If you close your eyes and want to visualize a very poignant moment in your life, what would you see?  It was a year after one of my friends died. She had gone to work in Kenya and had been killed in a car crash there. We'd known each other all our lives and i just couldn't get my head round the fact that i'd never see her again and she'd never see my children grow up.
We were sitting watching Steel Magnolias one evening. It was just after the funeral of the Julia Roberts character and the women are contempating why this young woman had to die. The Daryl Hannah character says " at times i try to make sense of this kind of thing. But i like to think that there is someone up there in heaven who's on MY side"
I stil tear up when i listen to that bit.
9.  Is it easy for you to share your true self in your blog, or are you more comfortable writing posts about other people and events?  I try, but there are times when less is more and not all my dirty washing needs to be done รก la jeremy kyle!!!
10.  If you had the choice to sit down and read a book or talk on the phone, which would you do and why?
WHy can't i do both????
Mmmm - look at the caller display and maybe let it go to the machine.
And read my book!!!

Now - i think i'll pass the award on the Linda's Life - written by my friend Linda and The first one, written by my son Paul - just because i can!!!

3 comments:

  1. Now I have learned so much more about you! Can't wait to see Linda and Paul's answers XXX

    http://lyndylou-whocares.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on the award & thanks for stopping by my blog. Stop in any time & if you don't mind I will be following yours.
    Odie

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh, i don't mind Odie - the more the merrier!!!

    ReplyDelete