Lilo

Lilo

Monday 13 June 2011

music

Last week, Jumble Mash had a blog where she matched up music on her i pod with diferent parts of her life and things that happened - just a random thing.
I'm not so technical, but  i thought i'd do a kinda " Desert Island Discs" kinda thing and give you my music choices and why they mean something to me.

So - for a kick off and in no particular order

1 Arrival of the Queen of Sheba. It sums up the holiday we had in California in 2006. We arrived we saw and we had a great time!! Much as i would love to go back - and would in a flash if i had the money - i know that it wouldn't quite be the same as that 1st visit!

2 Chasing Cars by Snow Patrol. Even tho it's only been a couple of years since the song came out, it kinda sums up how i felt round about the time we were told Peter had a chromosome abnormality and how i felt for a few years after. I felt i had to do everything myself and should be able to cope with it all, but in reality i couldn't and some people around be realy made me feel as if i was letting the side down. What did i mean that i couldn't split myself into 3 to make sure everybody got to the right place at the right time?!?!?!

3 You'll never walk alone - the Lesley Garret version - i love LG, she has a beautiful voice and this version she has a brass band playing and it kind of makes it special. But it was reading John Barrowman's reasons for including it on a cd that i thought i'd choose it - I need to remember that i DO have friends who are there to support me, will not judge me when i dissolve into tears because i am so overwhelmed with everything i have to do and they will have the tissues, a cup of tea or a friendly e mail or comment to help me on my way.

4 The Voice Within is my choice for Louise - to let her know that sometimes life can be a bit scary out there, but she'll never know what it's really like unless she goes out and lives her dreams.

5 Jesu Joy of Man's Desiring - because my Dad walked me down the Aisle to that when Matthew and i got married. You think Kate Middleton's Dad had a smile on his face that day she married Wills???? You ain't seen my wedding photies!!!! My Dad's smile brought sunshine to a rainy day!!

6 I Hear Music in Me - this one is for Paul - for the obvious reasons that he loves his music. He also sang it along with the Senior Chorus at school on a CD that was recorded for the Head Teacher who was retiring.

7 Piano Man by Billy Joel - he sang this at the end of his concert here in Glasgow - and he couldn't have done it without my help. I belted it out and gave it - as we say in these parts - LALDY!!!!!

8 Can't Help Falling in Love - the version from the Film Lilo and Stitch - it's my song for Peter and once you look at those eyes and that smile - well - what can i say???

and

9 To Make You Feel my Love - Billy Joel sang it, but it's a Leonard Cohen song. Usually LC would drive me crazy, but this just struck a chord.


And to make it really รก la desert island discs, my book of choice would be The Holy City by Meg Henderson. It's the story of Clydebank and the blitz and how it affected a family over the years after. Sad in parts, but really funny in others and shows west of scotland humour and life at it's best.
My luxury item would be my MP3 player with the above songs (and maybe a few more!!) and loads of photos.
My food wouldn't actually be a "food" as such, but i'd want Kimbles to provide my food - a lovely little place here in Glasgow - nice food, family run and i think some of my music would go down well!!!

1 comment:

  1. I really liked this Julie and guess who is on Jumble Mash's Giggle Button this week? Go and look :)

    ReplyDelete