Lilo

Lilo

Tuesday 30 August 2011

First times...............

On another blog that i follow - Five of my own - i was reading about the first day at school for the girls daughters. 
Very first, never been, new to it all!!


It got me thinking about first days we've had. 
School obviously


Our 1st days went thus - Louise went to school, skipped off into the class, i walked home (in the rain!!) pushing Paul's pram and crying!
My daughter didn't need me any more. She was gone and that was it!!!


If only i'd known then, what i do now!!!!


Peter's 1st day - well, i was just  soooooo glad that he had got to a stage where he WOULD be going to school, that i sniffled all the way home in my  dad's car!!! He was at a diff school to Lou, and off he went with the teacher and totally ignored me!!!!!!


Paul's 1st day, School tie, brown shorts, blazer and postman pat rain jacket!!! It rained. And my poor boy was turning BLUE from the cold!! I was a BAAAADDDDD mum making him wear those shorts. But in my defence M'Lud, they were hard to come buy and expensive, so he was damn well wearing them!!!!


We have had various other first days since and i'm not too sure that i've cope that well with them either. When we moved house, Lou had to move school. Now, i do not regret the house move - best thing that we did. But the school move was traumatic and i could still feel the ripples when she moved to secondary school 4 years later. I no longer cry about the days she had at the school, but it wouldn't take much to take me back to them and make me cry again - even now.


Peter moved school a year later, which kinda floored me again - i didn't really see it coming. THe spec ed school he was in thought it wasn't the right place for him and we had to think of a better placement. I had spent 2 years investing time and effort and i had to start again.
By the time Lou and Peter got to secondary they were both on the 3rd school in there life - a lot of 1st days.
Paul on the otehr hand - didn't have that - 2 schools, more or less the same friends and maybe just a few hitches and a crazy mum to deal with.


We have more 1st days this year. Peter at college - new course, but i'm not sure about it. And Paul as well. He's started college.


Can you tell i don't dop well with 1st times at new things.
Lots of people think i'm quite outgoing and chatty, but i find it hard to break into that "crowd" of mums at the school gate, or in a new situation. I don't usually like breaking into a conversation or a group.


It weird tho, cos quite often, i'll be the one who goes to a new person and at least try to give them a shoehorn into a group or whatever!!!


I'm putting off thnking about this Naidex Exhibition. I know i have to stand up and talk and i know i should really get something prepared - but i keep thinking Mañana. Or more like "if i don't think too much, it might actually go away and they'll say they don't need me!!!


Take it i'll be the one going between a block of cement and a quivering jelly on the day!!!!



4 comments:

  1. We are dealing with lasts here, since we only have one kid left at home, last high schooler, last time we have to do "this" or "that" for one of the kids, but I do remember all their first days of school. Wow. Sigh.

    And you quit worrying about your talk at the exhibition - you are going to do fantastic. Just pretend like you are talking to all of us. :) In fact, write it up and post it all here. I just know it will be great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a call from Enable today - i've to go into the office next week to plan out and meet a few people. I think it's just trying to put it all in order and not spout rubbish!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. First days are funny days. Some make you cry, some make you nervous, some make you sick and some make you happy. The best thing about first days is that they are only ever once :)

    I think you will do great speaking at the exhibition. Just imagine them all in their underwear and then they wont seem nearly so intimidating! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds like you've had a lot of first days - if you have any more I hope they're less stressful x

    ReplyDelete