Lilo

Lilo

Sunday 6 March 2011

Gifts

As i've said before, we're doing something called The Big Plan with Peter.
It's been interesting and we've been meeting people and enjoying the company. We've been looking at things about the people we're supporting - like peter, who they are, what their dreams and hopes are and so on

This week we were looking at the talents and resources that the youngsters had, things they were good at, what they could bring to a problem solving situation. You know that time you're passing thoughts by friends and family and someone says "oh, i don't think i can help in that, but i think i know someone who can, or who knows about it, or can find out". That kind of thing.

One of the things we talked about was gifts.
What are they?4Well, it could be something that's a surprise.
Or something a person has bought you for a birthday, or christmas.
Or it could be something you're good at - cooking, baking, singing, or even being a good friend.

We then had to fill out slips of paper. What was on them was this.......

What  i like about (write the person's name here).......

Is (and write what you like about the person here)

It was amazing what people said about others!
I said my usual about Peter's laugh - it always cheers me up.
Peter wanted to say about Louise's car - he's loving getting a lift to college.

Some of the otehrs said they liked the way that Peter was friendly, and that he made them feel welcome. Which was nice for me to here.

But the best thing i heard about me was from Ashleigh - she likes me cos i'm crackers!! I think she means i'm a touch crazy, so that suits me! I am.

I'd say one of my gifts is that i may not have many wise words, but i can make a good cup of tea!

I also think i'm a reasonably good friend.
At least i hope i am!!!!

So - go on - tell the people around you what their gifts are and why you like them, before it's too late!!

4 comments:

  1. You are way beyond a 'reasonably' good friend!And Peter...well my Dad and I and Candace & Yasmin often comment on how hearing Peter laugh...and what a laugh...was a highlight of your visit. Peter's gift to us all is just him himself...a privilege to meet, spend time with, getting to know his lovely nature and looking forward to him visiting again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes Julie you are mor than just a friend. You are part of our blog family that are here to lift up ones that feel down, laugh with those who are happy and cry with those who mourn. One of our valuable gifts is being here and sharing. We need each other.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Linda re being more than a reasonably good friend. I really liked this post and the pics :)

    ReplyDelete