Lilo

Lilo

Thursday 12 April 2012

Come to the Dark Side.................

................ We have an E Reader!!!!!

There are times in my life i grab new fangled technology, beat it about the head and use it.
And there are others times that i just wanna chuck it in the bin. (like......... When i can't work out to answer my new smart phone, even 6 months after buying the damn thing!!!!)

Paul's birthday is next month and he's asked for some money towards a kindle. His girlfriend has one and he likes it.
My friend Linda (she choccie eating and southern comfort slurping fame!) has one - she hinted long and hard to her daughters to buy her one!

But i wasn't convinced.

I like books.
The smell, the touch, being able to flick thru and browse.

None of that new fangled techie stuff for me, thank you very much,

But a couple of weeks ago, i was taken to the dark side and i just had to succumb.


My name is Julie and i am the owner of a white and lilac Kobe E Reader!!!

Now that i have downloaded some books and have been reading, i actually quite like it.

I still like a proper book, but i can see times when i know i'll use the e reader.
Normally when i'm travelling, i don't like to read, but the Kobe is a nice size and shape - so i may be reading on the hoof a lot more!

I've downloaded War Horse (saw the film, so decided to get the book), and the Best exotic Marigold Hotel.
And Gervase Phinn - Tales of a Yorkshire Lad.

So i'm all set. Might download a few more - if m credit card lets me!!!!

Now, if only i could find those cookies that i've heard tell of on the dark side and i'd be really happy!!!!

5 comments:

  1. The cookies on the dark side taste so much better! Not got an e reader either but I suppose I will eventually :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. But do the cookies taste as good as the batch of cakes i whipped up this morning?!?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pooldad keeps offering to gift me an e reader because I love to read, but I always decline his offer because I really like the tactile feeling of real books. The more I read on line from my friends and others I am beginning to think it would probably be better to have one. First, I have no room for all the books I get, so storage is a problem and secondly I think it would come in really handy for all the waiting in doctor's offices and when I go back in the hospital. It would take up no room and I could just upload a book anytime. I know we can upload books from our local library for free, which is awesome, because I have seen some of the prices to upload on line and at the speed at which I read a book it almost isn't worth the cost. [If I get a good book, I will not put it down until I get to the end, even if it means staying up all night. I have to KNOW! heehee]

    Enjoy yours and if you like any of the books you read please give us a mini review [if you have time]. I love to find new authors and genres to read.

    What are these dark side cookies you and Lyndy are talking about. They sound deliciously intriguing. I am stuck in cupcake making mode here and I find myself eating a couple a day. heehee Today's version was lemon cake, with ice frosting and raspberry filling. I didn't know if it would work [and I have never had one before] but boy-o they were yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's just something we say here - come to the dark side!!!

    I've read Tales of a Yorkshire Lad by Gervase Phinn. He is a teacher and a school inspector and advisor of English to the local authority education department. Now - it's not as boring as it seems - he has written books about his time as a school inspector, the other people he works with, children and teaching staff he comes across. Some of his tales are chuckle out loud funny!! This book is about his life - growing up in Yorkshire with his family, the teachers who inspired him to reach for his dreams and gave him a good grounding for life

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well Smiley and I have been sharing an ipad for more than a year now, but I was still buying books. Until myself and dd1 (who has an iphone) both wanted to read The Hunger Games after watching the film. Buying the books would have been an expensive option and we couldn't have read them at the same time. But for less than €10 we got the whole set, absolutely delighted :) I'm a convert now x

    ReplyDelete