Lilo

Lilo

Tuesday 28 February 2012

Ohana means family..............

....................... And family means no one gets left behind.


This is kinda how I feel about Peter - he shouldn't be left behind, even tho he had learning disabilities. 
It seems to have worked - i hope!!


Mind you, over the years my family has changed.
Sometimes thru choice - having the children.
Sometimes by circumstance - people have died.
And sometimes it's because i just cannot have people in my life any more.  
Some people can be so toxic that for your sanity and the sanity of the people who stay with you - you just have to get rid of them!
Yes - i make light of it just now, but honestly - i didn't want or need the hassles - i can make enough of that for myself without someone else dumping on me!!


So now ohana means Matthew and the kids. (can't leave them out!!)


Some of my cousins - Ann Marie makes lovely dresses - Lou will model if you wish!!! And Tam and Phil - god help you if you ever say anything bad about Peter. You will be felled by one look that says "don't dare"!!


Friends - some of them I have known for years and we dip in and out of each others lives - Does that sound like us Linda Mac?!?!?
Some of them i know through mu Unique Family. Lynne and Ali come to mind. We support each other and spend time Fbing or e mailing and we have met at family weekends. Some of the other Unique families i've not met, but maube i will - one day.


And some friends are cyber friends - i may not ever meet them, but they ARE friends. 


So family is what you make it. It may not  be what everyone else has, but if it works for you, heck - don't knock it!

3 comments:

  1. This is the phrase that Holly and I use to describe our family. Everything you've said is spot on my friend x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Family is complicated to say the least. This said after the post I put up and you read! lol. Good timing. So good to hear from you. Cyber friends have proven to be a godsend in my life these last couple years. You guys have done much more for me than my family. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete